Log Entry 150307.139

The first thing I became aware of was the light. Even through my eyelids, I could tell that it was bright—very bright. As I opened my eyes, I blinked against its whiteness and heard myself moan. Where was I? What had happened?
In answer to my questions, the memories came flooding back until only one remained. Had Lizzy and Peter got away?
From my side, a shadow fell across my face. I turned and found Steven Firth looking down at me. He had a black eye that had yet to be treated and was staring at me with eyes so cold, they could freeze ice.
"Where's Lizzy Buffalo?" he snarled.
Joy filled me. He hadn't caught her! I felt a laugh rising in my throat and a smile spreading across my face. It angered Firth all the more and before I knew it, he had grabbed me by the shoulders and was shaking me vigorously.
"Where's Lizzy Buffalo?" he demanded again. "Where have you taken it? Who was your accomplice?"
But all that did was make me laugh louder. I realised that I sounded like a mad woman, but I couldn't help it. I just laughed harder and harder.
"Tell me, Terran. You're through with Starfleet anyway! Tell me where you've put it!"
Firth suddenly raised his hand. I think he was going to slap me, but two people intervened, doctors I think, and dragged him off me.
There was a lot of shouting and swearing but, in that moment, I didn't care. All I knew was that Lizzy and Peter had got away. That was all that mattered as I drifted away from consciousness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment