Log Entry 130706.69

I have never felt so sick with worry in all my life. I woke up this morning and discovered that Beastie was gone!
Usually she sleeps on my bed, either next to me or at my feet but when I arose this morning, she was nowhere to be found. My heart leapt into my throat as I called and searched for her, fearing the worst. Had the anomaly taken her?
I hunted high and low, checking every cupboard, nook and cranny. I even looked in the ventilation shafts and Jeffries tubes on my deck in case she was up to her old tricks again, but there was no sign of her. She was gone.
Reduced to tears, I left the Jeffries tubes and wandered back to my quarters sobbing hard.
Why take her? She's only a cat for goodness sake! What use is a cat to anybody?
As I rounded the final corner to my quarters though, relief flooded through me. Sprawled at the foot of my door, with not a care in the world, lay Beastie. She was leaning against the door, idly washing her big, fat, furry tummy. Lazily, she looked up at me, one leg still raised in the air and gave a silent meow. I ran over to her, swept her up into my arms and cried like a baby. I was so pleased to see her, but how did she get out in the first place?
The whole thing has thrown me out of sync all day. Even Al and Luke have no suggestions as to how she could have got out. I won't sleep a wink tonight worrying about that damned cat now!